I have been working on this dresser off and on for about a month now. My husband is going to be sooooo happy it is finally out of HIS garage! Lol.
We are very into Realtree Camo in this house. My kids all decided to have it in their bedrooms. This dresser is for my son's room which is done in camo and Hunters Orange.
We got this dresser for free. It's pretty old and smelled of smoke. It sat in the garage for about a month to air out before I sanded it.
I had a couple of helpers during the sanding process.
My daughter, Kylah
and my nephew Spencer
Once we were done sanding the dresser, I primed the inside of the drawers and then painted the dresser with some left over paint from another project.
When the primer was dry I put a couple coats of orange spray paint on the inside of the drawers.
Oh! I almost forgot! I pored a cap full of Vanilla Extract into both the white and the brown paints. I had read on Pinterest that people do this while painting walls in the house to reduce paint smelly fumes. I was hoping that it would help get that smokey smell out. It worked! I am so happy!
After the paint was dry I took a branch off a tree, put it on the dresser and spray painted over it. I had originally planed to do the leaves that way too, but decided I that was not the look I was going for. Instead, I cut leaves and a pine cone out of the center of a 12 x 12 piece of card stock paper (with my Cricut Explore) to use as a stencil.
I set the stencil on the dresser, spray painted the leaf, removed the stencil and then took a toothpick to "draw" the veins in the leaf (while the paint was still wet)
My son is so excited for this to go in his room!
Thanks for stopping by!