Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Etching glass

Etching glass is something that's new to me...I love it! I bought this etching cream at Michael's (with a 40% off coupon) 



I use vinyl from Joann's to make a stencil with my Cricut. (Be sure to cut it out as a mirror image so that it looks backwards to you for the bottom of the baking pans. For mirrors or other items you can skip this step) I use transfer tape to pick up all the pieces of the stencil at once. 




I placed my stencil on the bottom of the glass baking pan. 


I peeled off the transfer tape and pushed out all the air bubbles in the vinyl. 

                                      

Then I put the etching cream on. (Using gloves is recommended when using etching cream) It takes a healthy amount of cream. I left it on for about 30 seconds and then scraped the excess cream of and put it back into the jar. 


Next rinse the cream off with warm water.


After I rinsed the cream off my daughter peeled off the vinyl.




Voila! You have a personalized gift! 




The great thing about these is that people will know who these pans belong too. 
The wedding card was a file I got from The Cutting Cafe. If you'd like to see more on that you can click here.

There is so many possibilities with glass etching. Here is a few more projects I have done following the steps above.



Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. OH my word...you are on an etching roll! ALL of your projects are just fantastic. I love the personalized cookware and that deer in the mirror, the jar too...so much fun! I love etching cream. You could go crazy with it! Thanks so much for sharing. Your makes are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you have to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Text Your Ex Back?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Toadally Love To Craft and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one. Have a craftastic day!